Since 1976, RSVP has been helping Lackawanna County volunteers age 55 and over find the right opportunity to challenge and complement their skills, experience, talents and goals – so they can count on enjoying dynamic, diverse activities that truly make a difference and help strengthen our community.
Interested in learning how you can get involved? Senior Corps RSVP staff will take the time to match you with a volunteer opportunity suited to your unique interests and skills, whether you want to:
- Help youth develop reading, writing and math skills
- Mentor at-risk youth
- Deliver meals to homebound neighbors
- Teach adults to read
- Prepare tax returns for seniors
- Assist seniors with Medicare questions
- Work with elderly
- Assist with cultural events
- Or choose from any of the dozens of other volunteer opportunities.
As an RSVP volunteer, you:
- Get free placement in volunteer activities specially suited to your unique skills, talents and interests
- Meet active and vibrant people who share your interests
- Improve your community
- Enjoy a sense of purpose and the knowledge that you are making a difference.
To speak with a member of the RSVP staff call 570-346-3630, or send an email to